Thursday, September 15, 2011

"V" is for the color Violet

At http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/, it is Alphabe-Thursday. The letter of the week is "V". In the last year I have returned to my love of art. I have a room devoted to drawing, painting, gluing and journaling. I love color. So, the obvious. "V" is for violet. Violet is a shade of purple. It is a lighter shade than actual purple, and it is a mix of blue and red. I have the color violet in many forms.

Violet is associated with mysticism, purpose & imagination. Violet is the symbol of royalty, nobility, ceremony, mystery, trans formation, wisdom, enlightenment, cruelty, arrogance, and mourning. V is for the Very Vivacious Violet!




7 comments:

Judie said...

I love ALL shades of purple, but violet is one of my favorites! Excellent choice for a "V" post!

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Violet! Love it! Great V word!
Happy Alpha-V Day!
Coralie

lissa said...

there's also the flowers violets comes in violet colors but it is quite an unexpected color as I don't really see it that often.

great V for alphabe-thursday.

Eliza Wynn said...

Violet is one of my favorite colors!

Catherine said...

I love violet, too!
-Catherine

The Artful Diva said...

Violet is a delicious color - I can hardly wait to see what you do with you pens, pencils and markers.

Jenny said...

Violet is my very, very favorite color of all!

Periwinkle is second!

What a lovely post! I felt inspired just looking at your art supplies!

Thanks for linking up to Alphabe-Thursday's letter V.

A+