Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Artist Journal Swap

 Welcome to "Warm Heart Wednesday" hosted by Jenny, http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2015/11/warm-heart-wednesday.html.

 I have become very fortunate in finding on line artitsts that share my passion of art. I have joined several journal swaps over the years. I am now working in a pass created by Ayala Art (Martha)in a facebook group called "Face in The World and Other Art Projects".
https://www.facebook.com/groups/352215974885012/.

 The way it works is : you make a journal and suggest a theme, send it to the next artist, she creates a page then sends it to the next artist. It continues to all the contributors until it returns home to you. I have finished a page in Gina's journal. Her theme is " "How do you amuse your Muse?". I chose to paint Buddha not because he amuses my muse but because his words inspire my muse.


It warms my heart to be able to contribute my art to journals that travel the world and to receive the beautiful gifts of art from the other artists.

8 comments:

Jim said...

This sounds like a neat and fun way for artists to share their work with other artists. Sort like poem writers share on the Internet using blogs? http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com for example (Real Toads in the Imaginary Garden blog).
Do you send the journal using the (snail) mail networks? Are some journals exchanged via virtual media?
..

carol l mckenna said...

What fun you are having and using your creativity ~ would seem like something good to join ~

Wishing you the magic and love of the season
artmusedog and carol

Betty said...

That sounds like a great idea. I don't belong to Facebook so I couldn't log in.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

You're part of an awesome joyous group. That's so cool!
The View from the Top of the Ladder

Little Wandering Wren said...

Love this idea - I loved the one too that artists were leaving their artwork out for strangers to pick up and enjoy in a random act of kindness last month - both have warmed my heart your Buddha is amazing!
Wren x

Judie said...

What a great idea! I like Jim's comment and would like to hear the answers to his questions.

Beth said...

Jim and Judie, yes, all done with snail mail.

Jenny said...

This is an amazing idea!

And I love the idea of using snail mail. How fun to receive something neat in the mailbox instead of bills!

This creative idea warmed my heart!

Thank you for sharing it.

Happy New Year and...

XOXO